ACFE Social Media Specialist
The ACFE would like to say “thank you” to all of the International Fraud Awareness Week Official Supporters, supporting media, bloggers, tweeters and posters for your efforts this week. The activity on social media, blogs and in the press has been tremendous and something we can only hope to top next year.
Even with the many articles and resources shared, you may not have seen all that was done to spread the word about fraud detection and prevention. Here are some Fraud Week highlights you may have missed:
• Designing an Effective Anti-Fraud Program: PDF resource specifically designed to assist you in honing your fraud awareness messaging and ensuring the efficient use of anti-fraud training resources.
• Fraud of the Day: A daily commentary from LexisNexis on how fraud is perpetrated against government programs.
• Thomson Reuters White Papers: Download free white papers covering subjects like health care fraud, government fraud and money laundering. Read more at their blog, The Knowledge Effect.
• Cynthia Hetherington’s Four Tips on Minimizing the Impact of Fraud: The Hetherington Group reviews five steps businesses can take today to prevent fraud in the workplace. Bonus: Check out the five employee-monitoring controls.
• Top 10 Reasons to Authenticate Your Suppliers: Your employees are not the only people who could steal from you. Learn why it is imperative to check out your vendors and suppliers.
• Six Ways to Reduce the Risk of Fraud and Errors While Managing Spreadsheet Content: With more data comes more risk for error. Heed these tips so you don’t end up on the wrong side of a spreadsheet fraud.
Did we miss any resources or highlights? Let us know! Email us at email@example.com.
Until next year...