ACFE Media Relations Specialist
Official Supporters of International Fraud Awareness Week have helped to kick start this year’s campaign with their efforts to spread the word and shine a spotlight on fraud. Here are just a few things they are doing this week:
- Jack Sandlin, president of the ACFE Central Indiana Chapter, presented and had adopted a Special Resolution recognizing Nov. 6-12 as Fraud Awareness Week in the City of Indianapolis.
- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company is displaying posters, providing brochures on various types of fraud and is hosting an informational Special Investigations Unit (SIU) booth for their employees in order to raise awareness about fraud.
- Robert Dean & Associates held a special press event on Friday, Oct. 21, to help raise anti-fraud awareness in South Dakota. Robert Brancato, CFE, said that the firm’s awareness efforts continue with seminars and press events this week.
- Darton Group, a yearly supporter, is spreading the word with new blog postings and social media outreach. Read more about Darton Group's activities here.
- SURVEIL Now, a national monthly healthcare fraud and abuse newsletter, is promoting International Fraud Awareness Week to its readers and posting it on their website’s home page.
- Jason Olson, Senior Manager of Eide Bailly's Forensic Services Group, announced that the firm is waiving the hotline setup fee to the first 50 organizations who download a white paper titled "Combating Fraud in the Midwest" from the firm's website.
- The ACFE Northwest Florida Chapter will host its annual Student Night tonight (Tuesday, Nov. 8), at the University of West Florida in Pensacola. In connection will be the annual Mark Shrout Speaker Series, featuring Allan Beam, former CFO of HealthSouth.
These are just a few of the activities taking place among the hundreds of Fraud Week Official Supporters – thank you for doing your part to increase fraud awareness! View the entire Official Supporter list here, and let us know what you are doing for Fraud Week in the comments section below.