ACFE Social Media Specialist
The ACFE would like to send an enormous “thank you” to all International Fraud Awareness Week Official Supporters, supporting media, bloggers, tweeters and posters for the great success of Fraud Week, Nov. 6-12. Even late night talk show host Jimmy Fallon spread awareness by mentioning Fraud Week in his monologue last Thursday (2:58 mark): "Next week is International Fraud Awareness Week... I fooled you, it's actually this week." Even with the many articles and resources shared, you may not have seen all that was done to spread the word about fraud detection and prevention.
Here are some Fraud Week highlights you may have missed:
- The Wall Street Journal's "Q/A: Pam Verick On International Fraud Awareness." Verick is director and solution leader of fraud risk management for Protiviti, an Official Supporter of Fraud Week.
- Lifehacker.com’s, "How to Protect Yourself from Online Fraud and Identity Theft"
- NBC News in South Dakota presented a three-part series on Fraud Week, beginning with "Fraud, it's Looking for Your Business."
- 5 Proven Analytic Methods to Discover Fraud in Data (ACFE Insights)
- 10 Red Flags for Fraud in the Bidding Process (ACFE Insights)
- Director Notes: "The Role of the Board in Fraud Risk Management" (PDF) Written by ACFE Director of Research Andi McNeal, CFE, CPA, for the Conference Board, this paper provides an in-depth look at the impact a fully engaged board of directors can have in helping to protect an organization from fraud.
Did we miss any resources or highlights? Let us know! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.