ACFE Social Media Specialist
As fraudulent activity, bribery and corruption continue to grow internationally, so does the ACFE. We are proud to boast nearly 65,000 members worldwide. And, in the past few months, the ACFE has responded to membership growth and the interest in fraud prevention and detection in the Asia-Pacific region. We have opened up an office in Singapore and we will be hosting the 2012 ACFE Asia-Pacific Fraud Conference in Hong Kong for the first time, 4-6 November, at the Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong.
However, our strength does not just lie in our numbers; it lies in the training, education and experience of our members. These members, along with renowned keynote presenters and the industry’s leading experts, will be at the Asia-Pacific Fraud Conference ready and willing to network, share and learn.
Here are some sessions to look forward to:
- General Session: Kevin Zervos, SC, Director of Public Prosecutions, Hong Kong Department of Justice
- Over the past 25 years, Zervos has specialised in credit card and currency frauds, banking and corporate frauds, infringement of intellectual property, money laundering and corruption. He plans to give attendees “An Inside Look at the Fight Against White Collar Crime” in Hong Kong.
- Panel Discussion: Investigating Within Differing Legal Jurisdictions
- ACFE Regent Roger Darvall-Stevens, CFE, will moderate a panel of experts during an interactive discussion on the challenges of conducting a fraud investigation that spans international borders. The panel also includes Zervos and Brent Carlson, Director at AlixPartners.
- Breakout Session: How the Fraudsters Fool the Auditors
- There are many reasons why an audit can go awry: lack of funds to perform a sound audit, conflicts of interest and inexperience of the person performing the audit. Angela Clancy, CA, Senior Manager at PPB Advisory, warns of these risks and more by dissecting a case from investigation to prosecution.
We look forward to seeing you in Hong Kong! For the full programme and to view a conference agenda, visit ACFE.com/AsiaPac.